Have you thought about bringing your school or pre-school group to Church Farm?
Here’s what we can offer you.
- The “Groups Room” as a base for your day, where you can picnic if the weather is inclement.
- Animal Encounters for you to meet and find out more about our Rare Breed animals, along with petting pens so you can stroke our friendliest residents.
- ROSPA approved indoor and outdoor play areas for all ages.
- Curriculum based activities if requested.
- Our risk assessment is available on-line or via email.
- A huge sandpit, straw barn and mini ride-on tractors.
- A cosy Tea room, serving meals, lunches, coffee and cakes (all home-made on site).
- Gift shop to pick up souvenirs of your day, or imaginative presents for friends and relatives.
- Optional extras could include a tractor ride around the paddocks with one of our farmers, or a nature walk with Nigel, our gamekeeper.
This is what a typical itinerary for a Reception class, KS1 or KS2 visit could look like, if you book a tractor ride and a nature walk. Alternatively, you tell us what you would like to do and we will do our very best to organise it for you:
- 10:00 – Arrival. Meet , greet and be led to the Groups Room
- 10:15 – Health & Safety talk about the farm
- 10:30 – Nature walk with Nigel to find and learn about mini beasts and plants (45 mins)
- 11:15 – Free time to see the animals
- 11:30 – Animal encounters to hold the rabbits or groom the goats
- 12:00 – Lunch in the Groups Room
- 12:30 – Tractor ride around the paddocks (20 minutes)
- 1:00 – Curriculum activity
- 1:30 – Free time to play or buy souvenirs
- 2:00 – Depart
This is only a guide! When you book, we will plan your actual itinerary and you will be sent a schedule of the day. (At lambing time, we hold lamb encounters instead of the animal encounters at specific times.)
A Pre-school visit could be similar to above, but without the nature walk. (They are not recommended for the under 5s).