Have you thought about bringing a school or pre-school group to Church Farm?
Here’s what we can offer you.
- The “Groups Room” as a base for your day, where you can picnic if the weather is inclement.
- Animal Encounters for you to meet and find out more about our Rare Breed animals, along with petting pens so you can stroke our friendliest residents.
- A ROSPA approved indoor and outdoor playground for all ages.
- Risk assessment available on-line or via email.
- A huge sandpit, straw barn and ride-on tractors.
- Tea room serving children’s meals, lunches, coffee and cakes ( all home-made).
- Gift shop to pick up souvenirs of your day, or imaginative presents for friends and relatives.
- Optional extras could include a tractor ride around the paddocks or a nature walk with Nigel our gamekeeper.
If you book tractor rides and nature walks this is what a typical itinerary for a KS1 or KS2 visit could look like or you tell us what you would like to do, we will organise it for you:
This is only a guide, when you book you will be told what your actual itinerary is or you will be given a schedule. (At lambing time we hold lamb encounters not animal encounters)
10.00 – Arrival. Meet, greet and be led to the Education Room
10.15 – Health & safety talk about the farm
10.30 – 11.15 – Free time to play and see the animals
11.15 – Animal encounters to hold the rabbits and groom the goats
11.30 – 12.00 – Free time to play and see the animals
12.00 – Lunch in the Education Room or outdoor picnic area
12.30 – Tractor ride around the paddocks (15 mins)
1.00 – Nature walk with Nigel to find and learn about mini beasts (30 mins)
1.30 – Free time to play or buy souvenirs
2.00 – Depart
A pre-school visit could be the same as above, but without the nature walk (They are not recommended for the under 5s).