We are now taking bookings – Please pre-book by calling 01366 382162
Join our Nigel our Gamekeeper on a fascinating guided nature walk around Church Farm and Stow Estate. The walks will be once a month on a Sunday from 4.30 – 7.00pm.
Meet Nigel in the Church Farm Tea Room at 4.30pm on the day of the walk for coffee / tea / squash & cake and to talk about the walk and what to look out for.
All Walks are £5.00 per person to include tea & cake and are from 4.30pm until 7pm unless stated otherwise and must be pre-booked by ringing 01366 382162 or booking in at the Farm.
Sunday 28th August – HARVEST FIELDS, A SHARED BOUNTY
As the combine harvester leaves the fields, a lot of wildlife moves in to enjoy the bounty left behind, we will be looking for birds, small animals, and deer. This is the easiest time to spot unusual wildlife.
Sunday 18th September – FORAGING, FRUITS AND PHOTOS
A walk along some of our lovely hedgerows with a basket for fruits & foraging and a camera for photos.
Sunday 16th October – FUNNY FUNGI AND THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT!- (3.30pm start) Join us for a stroll through the woods to look at the wonderful autumn trees and to find some fiendish fungi. Once dusk arrives we will try and find bats and barn owls.
All walks must be pre-booked – Please ring the office on 01366 382162 to book (Monday – Friday, 9-5pm)
Points to note
- Numbers are limited to 15 people per walk.
- Please bring binoculars with you if you have them, if not there may be some you can borrow.
- Please be aware that it may be cold or wet during the nature walk so please dress in appropriate clothing & boots. We may be walking through grass, mud and uneven ground.
- The walks are suitable for all ages but we would prefer children to be 8 or over. The Estate stretches over a few miles and we might be some distance from Church Farm, so it may not always be possible to take a child back to the car if they are not enjoying the walk.
- There is no access allowed to Church Farm itself or to the indoor treehouse prior to the walk, unless the normal admission charge is paid. Please note that Church Farm closes at 5pm.